Thursday, September 15, 2011

Forgiven... for Now

Mr. Mumble-de-Gook waved me down. "MRRRHHGNNNNG"
I looked at him warily.  The last time I saw him was when he almost clocked somebody with his cane.
http://talesofanemergencytech.blogspot.com/2011/08/fencing-er-style.html

"MMRRRH HUUUUUNGRY"
Oh, he was hungry again. I made it a point to never feed him when he came in.  Last time I gave him a sandwich, he ate it, then peed in the box before returning it for me to throw out.   Besides, there were no sandwiches in that fridge last night anyway. And I told him so, cheerily. Maybe too cheerily.

He cursed at me. "That ****errrrr therrre," he would cry, waving his arms whenever he saw me.
A nurse informed him that there were no sandwiches.  And miracle of miracles- he FELT BAD. He apologized for calling me a liar. Would you ever believe? He is still a scumbag for coming in to demand sandwiches, but wow to be apologized to... my eyes were ready to become pricked with tears, though they never came. It's the thought that counts.

When he did get a sandwich, he celebrated in the only way he knew how- "MMMMMMM. MRRRRRRMMMMM...." with a smile on his gap-toothed, cross-eyed face the whole time.

S

No comments:

Post a Comment