Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Internet-Age Hippie

Mr. Pesto was an old hippie patient of mine who kept drinking protein shakes before he was admitted and went upstairs. He forgot his walker in the ER, however. I ran upstairs with it for him and he brightened to see me again. His wife had gone home and we joked for a little while about college basketball until his doctor came in.

S: Well, Mr. Pesto, have a good night. I wish you the best of luck.
Mr. Pesto: You too. Do you have my screen name?
S: What? No...?
Mr. Pesto: Well I'm pesto-something! Message me sometime so I can have yours! Maybe we can hang out. ;-)
Awkward S: Oh, haha- that's funny, um, ok. Good night!
The doctor grinned at me, apparently bemused. Needless to say, I won't be taking him up on that. No to long romantic strolls (alongside his walker), no to getting (protein) drinks with the bearded man and his wife.
What would Mrs. Pesto have thought!

S

No comments:

Post a Comment